Minutes and Agendas are available for perusal at the Council Offices Longford, Post Offices at Ross and Avoca, Longford Library, Service Tasmania Campbell Town and the Evandale Community Centre during normal business hours, or can be downloaded or viewed on this website.
Agendas are generally available from the Thursday preceeding the meeting and Minutes area generally available within 2 to 4 days of the meeting being held.
For more information on Council Meetings, follow this link
Important Note Regarding Public Attendance at Council Meetings
Public Attendance meeting guidelines
Public Questions & Statements:
Regulation 31 of the Local Government (Meeting Procedures) Regulations 2015 makes provision for Public Question Time during a Council meeting.
Public question time is to commence at approximately 5.30pm and is to be conducted in accordance with the following guidelines:
- At each Council Meeting up to 20 minutes, or such longer period as Council may determine by resolution at that meeting, is to be provided for persons at the meeting to ask questions.
- A person seeking to ask a question must firstly identify himself or herself by stating their name and the town they reside in.
- If more than one person wishes to ask a question, the Mayor is to determine the order in which those questions are asked.
- Questions must be directed to the Mayor who shall answer or direct the question to the appropriate Councillor or Council Officer. A question will be answered if the information is known otherwise taken on notice and responded to in writing within 10 working days.
- Questions should preferably be in writing and provided to the General Manager 7 days prior to the Council Meeting.
- A person is entitled to ask no more than 2 questions on any specific subject. If a person has up to two questions on several subjects, the Mayor may defer those questions until other questions have been asked and refer back to that person only if time permits.
- Each submission speaker is limited to a maximum of 3 minutes.
Representations on Planning Items:
- A maximum of 4 persons per item (2 for and 2 against) will be permitted to address Council on a planning item. After the representation has been made, Councillors are permitted to ask questions of the party who made the representation.
- Each speaker is limited to a maximum of 3 minutes.
These arrangements are subject to review based on any change in circumstance relating to the COVID-19 Disease Emergency.
Council continues to ensure minutes and audio recordings of Council meetings are available on Council’s website.